CHICAGO CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Birthplace of deep dish pizza, Second City Improv, world-reknowned architecture. Theatre rivals Broadway. Vibrant arts and music scene. Magnificent Mile, Millenium Park. Cubs, Sox, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks. Cuisine capital. See official tourism and events calendar and food/design market Dose.
1-31 Chicago Artists Month
9-23 International Film Festival, 50th Anniversary
24- Nov2 International Children's Film Festival
25 - Nov 9 Chicago Humanities Festival, "Journeys" Theme, 25th Annual
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival and Parade, North Michigan Avenue and adjacent streets
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree - late November, Daley Center Plaza
- Christmas Parade - late November or early December, North Michigan Avenue
- Holiday Flower Show, Garfield Park Conservatory
- Dream a Little Dream, St. Jude's luncheon and fashion show
- Christmas Flower Show - seasonal flower show held at Lincoln Park's large conservatory
- New Year's Eve Celebrations - parties and general festivities; spectacular fireworks displays
- Zoolights festival at Lincoln Park Zoo
- Christkindlemarket, Daley Plaza
*Gourmet Magazine named Alinea the best restaurant in America, 2006. Restaurant Magazine added Alinea to its top 50 restaurants in the world at number 36. In two short years, Alinea cracked the top ten where, in 2009, it was rated number ten in the world.